Our first Win Loss Analysis training program was held at the Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP) annual conference in 1999. Our most recent was at the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) 2016 annual conference. We also train corporate clients, who prefer we don’t disclose their identity. Refer to industries served.
Some people feel adequately informed by Win Loss articles and presentations. Others learn more by reading Win/Loss Analysis: How to Capture and Keep the Business You Want. They follow the detailed 12-step Win Loss process to develop their program. They improve their interviewing skills by reading those chapters, including one on elicitation. They also learn the pros and cons of outsourcing, and how Win Loss analysis can be used to make strategic decisions.
Others need a nudge to either develop or improve their Win Loss program.
Why Win Loss Analysis Training?
Our Win Loss clients tend to come in four flavors:
- Outsource the entire Win Loss program
- Hybrid approach: Outsource part of the Win Loss program
- In-House Win Loss Program
- Consultants learn about Win Loss analysis
The Essence of Win Loss Analysis Training
We provide a structure to help clients develop a world-class Win Loss program
- The 12-step process in a lot more detail than what is provided in the Win/Loss book.
- Questions each step of the way to help clients create their own program.
- Many squishy variables such as paying interviewees, recording interviews, and security.
- Case studies: our client’s and ours.
- Client questions answered throughout.
- Win Loss exercises.
- Role play: interviewer, interviewee and observer (longer training programs)
Training varies from half day to two day sessions.
5 Win Loss Analysis Training Venues: April – June, 2017
- Reconverge Conference: Madison, WI—April 25: 8:30 am – Noon Speaker List Registration Apr 25-27
- SCIP Dallas Fort/Worth Chapter Meeting: Addison, TX—May 4: Evening Meeting (Not posted yet) Refer to SCIP Events
- Business Marketing Association: Denver, CO—May 11: 7:30 – 9 am Morning Brew
- SCIP Annual Conference: Atlanta, GA—May 16: 3:45 – 4:45 pm SCIP Conference Agenda Registration May 15 – 18
- Special Libraries Association Annual Conference: Phoenix, AZ—June 18: Workshop
Note: We’ll be doing Win/Loss Analysis book signings at each of these venues.
On-Line Win Loss Analysis Training
We are developing an on-line training program using webinar technology.
Our vision is Ellen Naylor will be live, presenting each module of the course, once a week. There will be an hour of Q&A just after the class. We will have our own closed Facebook group for Q & A in between modules. This will be a 6 – 10 week course.
Stay tuned for more details!
Interested in training for Win/Loss analysis? Get a head start by reading our book, Win/Loss Analysis: How to Capture and Keep the Business You Want.
Please contact us at 720-480-9499